Responsible for serving as a liaison between specific functional areas and Information Technology Services through the analysis, design, and implementation of mission-driven information systems and services. Designs data retrieval and management systems to meet user needs. Conducts feasibility studies, evaluates costs, analyzes user needs, designs in-house application systems or subsystems, programs the systems or subsystems, develops testing criteria, and establishes documentation to support the new systems.
- Strong ability to create good will with staff and faculty; ability to teach and coach; servant attitude.
- Articulate; trustworthy with confidential information; desires professional growth.
- Ability to analyze problems effectively and generate solutions; keeps abreast of developments relevant to computing in higher education and organizational settings.
- Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of the University; and desires to be a role model for the students by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal example and in work related responsibilities.
- Sets goals and objectives and manages available resources to achieve these objectives without the need for frequent follow-up.
- Analyzes, designs, and modifies windows form and web-based information systems and services including designing, programming, testing, and implementing to support organizational application systems in direct and indirect support of assigned functional areas.
- Consults with users to identify operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
- Works with project teams to develop information systems that align with organizational goals and objectives.
- Researches new application development technologies and methodologies for possible application to organizational goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Proven ability with technical development of dynamic, database-driven applications using the .NET Framework necessary; well-developed skills with web programming, including knowledge of ASP.NET, SQL, CSS, and HTML desired;
- Two or more years related experience in designing and programming applications using windows forms, web interfaces, and database management systems.
Bachelor’s degree with a major in computer science, business information systems, or related field preferred.
Reporting to this position
No direct reports.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The employee is expected to adhere to all University policies.
Information describing the university is available on-line.
Please complete the application and then email it along with your resume, cover letter and portfolio of work examples to email@example.com. Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.
Office of Human Resources
John Brown University
2000 West University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761