Helping build a strong brand by designing digital and printed materials, maintaining website, and assisting with planning and execution of marketing campaigns
- Ability to generate good will and represents Soderquist Leadership with internal and external "customers"; honest; servant‑leader attitude.
- Commitment to excellence and personal growth spiritually and professionally.
- Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of the University; and desires to be a role model for students by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal example and in work related responsibilities.
- Takes initiative, works independently to accomplish work without need for frequent intervention or follow up and has an expert eye for detail.
- Works on a variety of projects targeting several unique customer segments including, but not limited to:
- brochures, booklets, and flyers
- print advertising in magazines, newspapers, journals
- internal documents such as proposals, contracts
- program materials such as participant booklets, handouts, and PowerPoint presentations
- layout and style design for new downloadable content pieces used in marketing campaigns.
- marketing campaign design and support
- Works with the publishing team to concept, develop, and release resources into the marketplace.
- Plans, designs, produces, and proofs.
- Manages entire projects from start to finish ensuring quality products.
- Helps build the brand through relentless consistency and precision-guided attention to detail.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrable skill in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- First-rate organizational skills and attention to small details.
- Excellent written communication with a strong computer literacy. Ability to listen and interpret specific needs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of simultaneous projects.
- Ability to accept direction and deliver effective/engaging creativity with minimal oversight.
- One or more years of professional graphic design experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, writing, and organizational skills.
Additional Desired Skills and Experience
- Social media management: experience managing, creating, and analyzing content for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Writing/blogging or editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree with graphic design emphasis and/or comparable experience.
Reporting to this position
- No direct reports.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Information describing the university is available on-line.
Please complete the application and then email it along with your resume, cover letter and portfolio of work examples to email@example.com. Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.
Office of Human Resources
John Brown University
2000 West University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761