Assistant Volleyball Coach - Part-time or Grad Assist
John Brown University Women’s Volleyball Assistant Coach provides support to the volleyball head coach in practices, games, scouting, recruiting, and game video. The assistant coach will be a role model for athletes and students (this role model will align with the vision and mission of JBU, as well as, the requirements of NAIA Champions of Character’s five core values). This is a part-time or graduate assistant position. JBU is a Division I NAIA university that belongs to the Sooner Athletic Conference.
- Has a strong ability to create good will with staff, faculty, and students - servant attitude.
- Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of the University; and desires to be a role model for students by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal example and in work related responsibilities.
- Assist and carry out assignments as prepared by the head coach in ways that will benefit the total program.
- Assist in recruiting student-athletes that fit the overall mission of JBU and who excel on the volleyball court.
- Coordinate with the Admissions department in regards to all prospective student-athletes. (visits, application process, etc)
- Attend all practices and be prepared to assist the head coach in all drills and instruction – Fall and Spring.
- Work with other institutions to receive film of opponents and send our game film to SAC opponents.
- Breakdown film of opponents as instructed by head coach.
- Attend all coaches’ meetings called by the head coach.
- Assist the head coach in the distribution and collection of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Work with SID to hire and train all scorekeepers, linesmen, score clock, libero tracker, and ball shaggers for home games.
- Work with head coach and SID to get information and ideas for press releases.
- Organize stat forms and train everyone in the proper way to take stats. Compile stats after games for media release and for coaches review.
- Be responsible for the security of all facilities used by the team and coach when the head coach is not present.
- Be responsible for the conduct of the student athletes at all times: practices, games, road trips, etc
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Successful volleyball coaching experience.
- Good communication skills and administrative abilities.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Playing and/or Coaching experience at the college level.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Reporting to this position
- No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Information describing the university is available on-line.
Please complete the application then email it along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.
Office of Human Resources
John Brown University
2000 West University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761