Assists prospective students and families through college choice decision-making process. Acts as a liaison between prospective students and rest of campus to ensure a smooth transition to college life at JBU. Recruits freshmen from high schools. Makes presentations to student groups. Counsels students and parents regarding the admissions process.
- Highly developed ability to generate good-will with prospective students and parents, as well as with faculty and staff.
- Team spirit; servant attitude; committed to follow through; articulate.
- Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of the University; and desires to be a role model for students by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal example and in work related responsibilities.
- Sets goals and objectives and accomplishes them without daily follow up.
- Contacts prospective JBU students in several ways: telephone, email, facebook, texting, college fairs, receptions, in-home visits, and on-campus visits. Works with student interns to ensure that on-campus visitors have a positive experience. Is generally knowledgeable about all programs and services JBU offers and helps the prospective student make an informed decision before applying and enrolling.
- Manages flow of information to prospects and applicants within a specific geographic region. Maintains electronic files for applicants outlining contacts made and information provided. Makes sure all forms required for admission are sent in, such as high school transcripts, ACT/SAT scores, application, references, application fee, deposits, health forms, and financial aid and scholarship applications.
- Helps prospects through application process. Establishes relationships with students and their families. Follows up on a systematic basis to strengthen and maintain these important relationships.
- Helps build relationships with churches and high schools through the Leadership Scholars program.
- Travels to represent JBU at college fairs, churches, schools, receptions and in-home visits.
- Supervises Admissions Intern.
- Attends professional development workshops and conferences as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Two or more years of related experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Student work as Admissions Intern or Ambassador.
- Alumni of JBU.
- Bachelor's degree.
Reporting to this position
Physical demands and work environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Information describing the university is available on-line.
Please complete the application then email it along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.
Office of Human Resources
John Brown University
2000 West University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761