Graduate Assistant - Business Division
The Graduate Assistant will provide direct support for the Instructor of the Undergraduate Business Strategic Management capstone course. This person will manage ongoing communication with the Business Advisory Board, assist in the review of student developed business plans, and organize participation in the Reynolds Governor’s Cup Competition. Further responsibilities may include marketing to incoming Business students, managing Major Career Fair events, facilitating learning activities in the classroom, evaluating course assignments, and planning course related experiences all aimed at helping students in the course develop professional business plans.
- Strong ability to create goodwill with staff, faculty, and students.
- Servant attitude.
- Strong communication, planning, and execution skills.
- Strong ability to work effectively and openly with a variety of people and personalities, which may involve working under stress or against impending deadlines.
- Consistent testimony is critical; must always consider self as a representative of JBU and the College of Business, whether at work or not.
- Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of the University; and desires to be a role model for students and customers by demonstrating active Christian faith in personal example and in work related responsibilities.
- Provides direct support for the Strategic Management class and Reynolds Cup Competition, under the direction of the Strategic Management instructor.
- Coordinates visitation days and other marketing efforts, including development and maintenance of presentation and marketing materials.
- Serves as liaison with University Communications for the purpose of maintaining current content on JBU website, in promotional materials, and in other media.
- Supports program operation as directed by the Chair, including maintenance of outcomes assessment and program analytics.
- Attends departmental meetings as directed.
- Is proactive and takes initiative as appropriate to achieve program goals and advance program initiatives.
- Provides other support, both general and specific, as assigned by the Department Head.
Essential skills and experience:
- Good communication skills (written, oral, public). Good project planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated record of ability to work effectively in teams.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to use Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design tools is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree. University acceptance into graduate program – MBA, MBA-IB, MBA-MRCI, MBA-OB, or MS-LE.
Reporting to this position
- No direct reports.
Physical demands and work environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Information describing the university is available on-line.
Please complete the application and along with your online application, please submit a résumé and cover letter to Ryan Ladner at rladner@Jbu.edu Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.
John Brown University
2000 West University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761