Finding Ways to Serve
Community engagement is a key component in the Honors Scholars Program’s philosophy, which is why students are encouraged to serve in or create an outreach program for the community. As Krizana Saucedo '16 (Biology) said, "Work hard in your courses, but remember to give yourself time to recharge and have fun with hours to refill your cup, whether that be spiritually or emotionally."
Previous outreach opportunities:
- Volunteering as a language instructor
- Tutoring local elementary students
- Implementing a film series on campus
- Raising human trafficking awareness
- Raising money for Guatemala schools