Mr. Peter Pohle
Associate Professor of Visual Arts
M.F.A. in Illustration, Syracuse University
B.A. equivalent – Visual Communication, Hochschule der Künxte, Berlin, Germany
Apprenticeship in retouching for the Photogravure printing process, Druckhaus Tempelhof, Berlin, Germany Master Artist in Digital Art, Expose 10, Ballistic Publishing
Peter Pohle grew up in Berlin, Germany where he received his initial art training as an apprentice in the biggest printing house in Berlin. He earned a B.A. equivalent degree in Visual Communication at the Hochschule der Künste in Berlin. Peter worked for nine years as an artist in the media department of Campus Crusade for Christ in Germany. It was at Campus Crusade that he met his wife Becky. Peter and Becky have three daughters.
Since 1997, Peter and Becky have been living in the United States, where Peter worked as a freelance illustrator, fine artist in oil painting, and full-time staff designer at Dayspring Cards and Hallmark Cards.
Peter has extended experience in the traditional as well as digital art. He enjoys the range of working on the computer modeling in 3D or illustrating in Photoshop. In his free time and summer break he works in traditional media with oils and oil pastel.
Art work appeared in:
- Expose 10, Ballistic Publishing
- Expose 11, Ballistic Publishing
- 3D World Magazine, Future Publishing
- The Society of Illustrators 36th Annual of American Illustration, 1994
- Governor’s Invitational Art Show of Loveland Colorado, 1994, 1995
- Print’s regional design annual, 1992
- Book cover design and illustration Gold Medallion Book Award, Evangelical Christian Publishers Association