Develop a Healthy Lifestyle
Walton Lifetime Health Complex is now part of the Silver Sneaker program which is for the Senior population. The SilverSneakers Fitness Program offers a unique blend of physical activity, healthy lifestyle and socially oriented programming that enables older adults to take greater control of their health. It is available at no additional cost to individuals who belong to participating Medicare health plans or Medicare Supplement carriers. When you enroll in SilverSneakers, you receive a free membership to Walton Lifetime Health Complex and access to all of our classes - go to www.silversneakers.com for more information about the programming and enrolling.
We offer Silver Sneaker classes at least four days a week taught by our certified Silver Sneaker Instructors.
SilverSneakers® I - Classic
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:45 am - 10:45 am
- Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement, and activity for daily living skills. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles, and a ball are offered for resistance; and a chair is used for seated and/or standing support.
Morning Stretch and Tone
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday at 8:30 am
- Go through various stages of stretching and toning while socializing with others. This morning exercise routine will awaken your mind and body and prepare you for the day’s activities.
- 11:15 am Monday and Wednesday
- Activate your aqua exercise urge for variety! SilverSplash offers LOTs of fun and shallow water moves to improve agility, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance. No swimming ability is required, and a special SilverSneakers kickboard is used to develop strength, balance and coordination.
How do I enroll in the SilverSneakers Fitness Program?
If you belong to a Medicare health plan that offers SilverSneakers, you can enroll in the program by visiting Walton Lifetime Health Complex. Follow these easy steps:
Step 1: Take your health plan membership ID card to the Walton Lifetime Health Complex membership office.
Step 2: Tell the person at the front desk that you want to enroll in SilverSneakers. The Senior Advisor or another staff member will help you through the enrollment process.
Step 3: A fitness center staff member will take you on a tour and show you all the equipment, the exercise room where SilverSneakers Classes will be held, and where the locker rooms are located.
Step 4: Start taking control of your health with your new SilverSneakers membership!
Call Von Eshnaur at (479) 524-7315 or Sarah Losh at (479) 524-7303 for more information regarding our SilverSneaker fitness program.
® SilverSneakers is a registered mark of Healthways Health Support, Inc.