Silver Sneakers & Silver and Fit Programs
Great Fitness Benefits
Walton Lifetime Health Complex is a participating facility for both SilverSneakers and Silver&Fit fitness programs. These programs are designed for our senior Medicare/Medicaid eligible members and offer a unique blend of physical activity, healthy lifestyle and socially oriented programming that enables older adults to take greater control of their health. Both programs are full-use memberships for our facility with access to the gyms, track, weight and cardio rooms, pool, racquetball courts and outdoor tennis courts. For both SilverSneakers and Silver&Fit members, we offer the following SilverSneakers fitness classes five days a week taught by our certified Silver Sneaker Instructors.
SilverSneakers® Smooth Moves
- Mondays and Fridays 9:45 am - 10:45 am
- Designed for seniors and older adults, Smooth Moves is a popular Silver Sneakers class that leads you through a complete series of seated and standing stretching poses. Chair support is offered to safely perform a variety of postures designed to increase flexibility, balance and range of movement.
SilverSneakers® The Great What is it Wednesday
- Wednesdays 9:45 am - 10:45 am
- Be prepared to incorporate exercises either the Smooth Moves or Classic classes for increased muscular strength, range of movement, and activity for daily living skills.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:45 am - 10:45 am
- Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement, and activity for daily living skills. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles, and a ball are offered for resistance; and a chair is used for seated and/or standing suppor
Morning Stretch and Tone
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday at 8:30 am
- Go through various stages of stretching and toning while socializing with others. This morning exercise routine will awaken your mind and body and prepare you for the day’s activities.
- 11:15 am Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Activate your aqua exercise urge for variety! SilverSplash offers LOTs of fun and shallow water moves to improve agility, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance. No swimming ability is required, and a special SilverSneakers kickboard is used to develop strength, balance and coordination.
Enrolling in SilverSneakers® & Silver&Fit
SilverSneakers is available at additional cost to individuals who belong to participating Medicare health plans or Medicare Supplement carriers. When you enroll in SilverSneakers, you receive a free membership to Walton Lifetime Health Complex and access to all of our classes - go to www.silversneakers.com for more information about programming, eligibility and enrollment.
Silver & Fit
The Silver&Fit program is available to individuals who belong to participating Medicare health plans or Medicare Supplement carriers. A Silver&Fit membership grants you access to the entire WLHC facility for a one-time annual fitness fee or for free, depending on your insurance carrier’s guidelines. Go to www.silverandfit.com for more information programming, eligibility and enrollment.
How do I enroll?
If you belong to a Medicare health plan that offers SilverSneakers or Silver&Fit as a benefit, you can enroll in the program by visiting the Walton Lifetime Health Complex. Follow these easy steps:
Step 1: Take your health plan membership ID card and driver’s license to our Front Desk during membership services hours.
Step 2: Let our staff know you want to enroll in SilverSneakers or Silver&Fit. They will verify your eligibility and assist you with the enrollment process.
Step 3: A fitness center staff member will take you on a tour and show you all the equipment, the exercise room where SilverSneakers Classes will be held, and where the locker rooms are located.
Step 4: Start taking control of your health with your new SilverSneakers or Silver& Fit membership!
Contact the Membership Office at 479-524-7303 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding our SilverSneaker & Silver&Fit fitness programs.
® SilverSneakers is a registered mark of Healthways Health Support, Inc.
® Silver&Fit is a registered mark of American Specialty Health, Inc.