Kanakuk Institute Partnership
Learn more about completing your master's degree at JBU
Thank you for considering John Brown University's Graduate School programs in conjunction with the professional and spiritual preparation you are receiving or have received during your time at Kanakuk Institute. JBU is very proud to have shared in an ongoing relationship with the Institute for many years and is pleased that our academic programs can provide you with further professional development and an opportunity to earn a master’s degree in business.
Currently, JBU's Graduate School offer KI participants an opportunity to receive up to 12 hours of graduate transfer credit upon successful completion of the Institute. These 12 hours may be applied to any of the following master’s degree options:
- MBA in Leadership and Ethics (KI + 24 credits at JBU)
- MS in Leadership and Ethics (KI + 24 credits at JBU)
- MBA in International Business (KI + 30 credits at JBU)
- MA in Higher Education (KI + 21 credits at JBU)
- MFA in Collaborative Design (KI + 51 credits at JBU)
Transfer Credit Awarded
Upon completion of the Kanakuk Institute, you will receive transfer credit for the following courses as each applies to your more specific academic program:
- Christian Foundations for Organizational Leaders (Does not apply to the MFA program)
- Foundations of Leadership
- Ethical Decisions in Organizations (Does not apply to the MBA-IB program)
- Emotional Health In Organizations (Does not apply to the MBA-IB or the MA in Higher Education programs)
All graduate business and higher education courses courses can be completed online or at one of the three JBU educational centers in Arkansas: Rogers, Fort Smith and Little Rock. MFA courses are online, via video connection, and in-person including one, two-week campus visit in May during the first year and a four-week partnership during the summer before the last year. You can begin your JBU studies online while attending the Institute and be well on your way to the achievement of your master’s degree when you complete KI, or you can begin your JBU studies upon completion of the Institute.
Whether you have completed the Kanakuk Institute or are just beginning, please consider contacting our JBU Graduate Business representative to discuss a plan that will allow you to earn your master's degree in conjunction with the work you are doing or have done at KI.
Graduate Business Program Representative
P 479-631-4665 | 800-528-4723