Special Education Endorsement
Earn your teaching endorsement in special education
Special Education Resource K-6, 7-12 endorsement
This program of study prepares teachers to work with special education students in resource or co-taught classrooms.
Who is eligible for this licensure endorsement?
Teachers currently holding a standard Arkansas K-6 or 4-8 license, or a standard 7-12 license in a content area of English language arts, mathematics, or science, can add a Special Education Resource K-6 or 7-12 endorsement to their license through this program of study. Students currently pursuing initial teaching licensure through the undergraduate education or M.A.T. programs may also enroll in these courses.
The program consists of the following four courses:
ED 7613 - SpEd 101 Academy
ED 7623 - Special Education Behavior Management/Assessment
ED 7633 - Special Education Instructional Strategies
ED 7643 - Foundations of Special Education
Note: SpEd 101 Academy is a one week face-to-face course taught at the JBU Siloam Springs campus in July. Upon request, dorm room accommodations are available. ED 7623, ED 7633, and ED 7643 will be offered as eight-week blended online courses. Successful completion of an approved special education foundations course in an undergraduate program could substitute for ED 7643.
To apply for the program, submit the following:
- Application for admission (select "I am going to be a Non-Degree Graduate Student")
- Official transcripts from all universities/colleges attended
- Copy of teaching license (unless you're a current undergraduate education or M.A.T. student)
- 2 references
- Short essay
**There is no GRE testing requirement for this program.
- ED 7613 - SpEd 101 Academy (July 2016)
- ED 7623 - Special Education Behavior Management/Assessment (Fall A 2016)
- ED 7633 Special Education Instructional Strategies (Fall Session B)
- ED 7643 Foundations of Special Education (Spring 2017)
To learn more, contact the Graduate Education representative, or call us at 800-528-4723.