Frequently Asked Questions
The following questions pertain to the MBA-GCI program. For other questions related to graduate business programs, go to Graduate Business FAQ's and for general questions about graduate school, go to Graduate School FAQ's.
- May I start my JBU MBA program concurrently with the Lean Six Sigma instruction?
- Do I need to take an entrance exam prior to enrolling in the JBU MBA - GCI program?
- Am I eligible for the JBU MBA - Continuous Improvement degree credit hours if I previously received the Lean Six Sigma instruction?
- I am a WM certified Green Belt how many hours credit do I get?
- Can I transfer the 12 emphasis hours to another degree?
- If I already have my MBA from JBU can I just take the 12 hrs for LSS to get the JBU MBA - Continuous Improvement degree?
- Can the WM LSS program account for 12 of the 18 additional hours?
- Are JBU programs accredited?
Yes, you may, however, in order to receive the full 12 hours of credit, you must complete the Lean Six Sigma training.
If students have completed the Lean Six Sigma training and testing for Black Belt, they will not need to take the GMAT, MAT, or GRE.
3. Am I eligible for the JBU MBA - Continuous Improvement degree credit hours if I previously received the Lean Six Sigma instruction?
All Wal-Mart certified Black Belts are eligible for the credit hours.
None, credit is only given in the full increment of 12 hours which requires the WM Black Belt certification.
- Not to another MBA
- Not to another university
- Yes, to an undergraduate degree at JBU: (Organizational Management or Business Information Systems)
6. If I already have my MBA from JBU can I just take the 12 hrs for LSS to get the JBU MBA - Continuous Improvement degree?
According to JBU's pamphlet, Form #GBB100-REV 3 (08/07), Two Master's Degree Option:
Any student completing an MBA or MSLE at John Brown University can complete the other as a second degree by taking a minimum of 18 additional hours. An application for the second degree must be submitted and approved before any of the additional hours are taken. Contact Graduate Admissions for details at 1-866-BE-A-GRAD (1-866-233-4723).
Contact the JBU Graduate Admissions office to discuss your specific situation.
Yes. John Brown University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission o fthe North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (www.ncahlc.org, 312.263.0456). The School Counseling program is approved by the Arkansas State Department of Education and accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). The Graduate Business Programs are accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).