Frequently Asked Questions
In order to be eligible for the MBA-GCI program, associates of Walmart and Sam's Club must have enrolled in the Lean Six Sigma training provided by Walmart prior to January 2013.
- May I start my JBU MBA program concurrently with the Lean Six Sigma instruction?
- Do I need to take an entrance exam prior to enrolling in the JBU MBA - GCI program?
- Am I eligible for the JBU MBA - Continuous Improvement degree credit hours if I previously received the Lean Six Sigma instruction?
- I am a WM certified Green Belt how many hours credit do I get?
- Can I transfer the 12 emphasis hours to another degree?
- If I already have my MBA from JBU can I just take the 12 hrs for LSS to get the JBU MBA - Continuous Improvement degree?
- Can the WM LSS program account for 12 of the 18 additional hours?
- Are JBU programs accredited?
2. Do I need to take an entrance exam prior to enrolling in the JBU MBA - GCI program?
If you have completed the Lean Six Sigma training and testing for Black Belt, they will not need to take the GMAT, MAT, or GRE.
3. Am I eligible for the JBU MBA - Global Continuous Improvement degree credit hours if I previously received the Lean Six Sigma instruction?
All Walmart certified Black Belts who enrolled in that program prior to January 2013 are eligible for the credit hours.
- Not to another MBA
- Not to another university
- Yes, to an undergraduate degree at JBU: (Organizational Management or Business Administration in JBU's Degree Completion Program)
6. If I already have my MBA from JBU can I just take the 12 hrs for LSS to get the JBU MBA - Continuous Improvement degree?
Per JBU policy, any student completing an MBA or MS in LE at John Brown University can complete the other as a second degree by taking a minimum of 18 additional hours. An application for the second degree must be submitted and approved before any of the additional hours are taken. Contact Graduate Admissions at 800-528-4723 for details.
Yes. John Brown University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (www.ncahlc.org, 312-263-0456). JBU's Graduate Business Programs are accredited Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, (www.acbsp.org, 913-339-9356).