John Brown University & Kanakuk Institute
Thank you much for considering John Brown University Graduate Business Programs in conjunction with the professional and spiritual preparation you are receiving or have received during your time at Kanakuk Institute. JBU is very proud to have shared in an ongoing relationship with the Institute for many years and is pleased that our academic programs can provide you with further professional development and an opportunity to earn a master’s degree in business.
The mission of JBU's College of Business is to provide challenging, practical business education from a Christian perspective, equipping students to succeed in their lifework and impact their world. The curriculum is established on values such as Christian faith, relationships, teaching and learning, global focus, intellectual curiosity, and gratitude. We believe that our mission and values align well with what has attracted you to the Institute and would welcome the opportunity to become a part of your journey.
Currently, JBU's Graduate Business Programs offer KI participants an opportunity to receive up to 12 hours of graduate transfer credit upon successful completion of the Institute. These 12 hours may be applied to any of the following master’s degree options:
- MBA in Leadership and Ethics
- MS in Leadership and Ethics
- MS in Higher Education Leadership
- MBA in International Business (limited to 6 hours of transfer credit)
Transfer Credit Awarded
Upon completion of the Kanakuk Institute, you will receive transfer credit for the following courses as each applies to your more specific academic program:
- Christian Foundations for Organizational Leaders
- Foundations of Leadership
- Ethical Decisions in Organizations*
- Emotional Health In Organizations*
* Does not apply to the MBA-IB program
All graduate business courses can be completed online or at one of the three JBU educational centers in Arkansas: Rogers, Fort Smith and Little Rock. You can begin your JBU studies online while attending the Institute and be well on your way to the achievement of your master’s degree when you complete KI, or you can begin your JBU studies upon completion of the Institute.
Whether you have completed the Kanakuk Institute or are just beginning, please consider contacting one of our JBU Graduate Business representatives to discuss a plan that will allow you to earn your master's degree in conjunction with the work you are doing or have done at KI. Any of the following JBU representatives listed below would be happy to assist you
- Cliff Murphy, Graduate Business Representative: CMurphy@jbu.edu or 479-524-7450
- Meredith Stricker, Graduate Assistant: StrickerM@jbu.edu
- Ruby Bowles, Administrative Assistant: RBowles@jbu.edu or 524-7431