Frequently Asked Questions
The following questions pertain to the online Graduate Business programs. For other questions related to Graduate Business programs, visit the Graduate Business FAQs and for general questions about the Graduate School, review the Graduate School FAQs.
- What technology will I need to be successful in completing my graduate degree online at JBU?
- What are the technical requirements for my home computer to accommodate obtaining an Graduate Business degree online at JBU?
- How long does each online course last?
- Will I be required to access my course at specified times each week throughout the eight weeks?
- Do I have to enroll in online courses in any particular order?
- How long does it take to earn a Graduate Business degree online at JBU?
- Does JBU offer resources to support me as I work to complete the requirements of the degree online?
- Does JBU offer courses required for the Graduate Business degres in the classroom as well?
- How do the online programs differ from the existing classroom format?
- As an online student, am I required to take classes at JBU campuses in Arkansas?
- Can I transfer graduate credit hours from a different college or university?
- Can I take more than one course at a time when working on my degree online or in the classroom?
- Can I attend graduation?
1. What technology will I need to be successful in completing my graduate degree online at JBU?
We recommend that you have access to both a computer and the internet at home. Some students have relied upon computer and internet access at work or at other locations where computers are made available. However, because of the nature of the online interactions, having your own internet-accessed computer at home will better enable you to be successful in meeting each requirement from one course to the next.
2. What are the technical requirements for my home computer to accommodate obtaining a graduate business degree online at JBU?
To learn more about the technical requirements for the online graduate business degrees, visit the Technical Requirements for Prospective Online Students page.
3. How long does each online course last?
Each of the courses in the online business degree programs is scheduled to last eight weeks.
4. Will I be required to access my course at specified times each week throughout the eight weeks?
Most coursework in online programs may be completed as your schedule permits. However, requiring specified log-in times is at the discretion of our faculty. Some course content is best supplemented with live interaction, and as our commitment is to provide you the tools you need to be successful in each course, all required interaction will be used appropriately though judiciously. Instructors will make you aware in their initial communications if your course will require any specified interaction times.
5. Do I have to enroll in online courses in any particular order?
The sequencing of courses was structured in order to maximize your learning experience. Your advisor can help you determine in what order to take your courses.
6. How long does it take to earn an Graduate Business degree online at JBU?
When taken in the order recommended by your advisor, this program may be completed in approximately 22 months. This estimation assumes all courses are taken consecutively with no breaks.
7. Does JBU offer resources to support me as I work to complete the requirements of an online Graduate Business degree?
Yes. JBU provides all students with access to several support vehicles, including:
8. Does JBU offer courses required for the Graduate Business degrees in the classroom as well?
Yes. In addition to the online format, Graduate Business courses are offered in classroom settings at the JBU Rogers Center, the JBU Fort Smith Center, and the JBU Little Rock Center. Students who have access to a JBU campus may choose to take classes either online or in the classroom. We do encourage you to share your intentions for doing so with your advisor so he/she can work to develop the most efficient degree completion plan for you given your desire to work in both environments.
9. How do the online Graduate Business degrees differ from the existing classroom format?
All programs are structured to accommodate the same overall learning objectives but how learning objectives are accomplished may differ from one environment to another. For example, where the classroom often emphasizes discussion or lecture, online course interactions may require more student interaction with various media and/or texts to accomplish the same objectives.
10. As a student in an online Graduate Business program, am I required to take classes at JBU campuses in Arkansas?
No. All coursework may be completed online.
11. Can I transfer graduate credit hours from a different college or university?
Yes. Students may transfer up to 25% of total program requirement credit from approved colleges or universities.
12. Can I take more than one course at a time when working on my graduate business degree online or in the classroom?
Although students may enroll in two courses at a time, we do encourage you to take only one course at a time. Balancing work, family and the rigors of higher education can be a challenge, even with the convenience of access to online learning. Please remember that each course will require 10 - 12 hours of work each week, so taking more than one course at a time could impact other important commitments including the courses themselves.
13. Can I attend graduation?
Online students are invited and encouraged to attend graduation ceremonies upon completion of their degree plans. Graduation ceremonies are held in May and December in Siloam Springs, Ark. Travel arrangements should be independently made by those wishing to attend and participate.