About Graduate Business
Learn more about earning your master's degree in business at JBU
John Brown University offers an MBA as well as a Master of Science in Leadership & Ethics. Designed with the working professional in mind, Graduate Business courses are available in various formats and generally meet one night per week or online. Whether you choose the Master of Business Administration a Master of Science degree, you will benefit from the distinctive features available at JBU for working professionals.
- Christian values-based learning
- Academically and professionally qualified faculty
- Global perspective
- Emphasis on ethical leadership based on biblical principles
- Experiential learning through hands-on training
- Study abroad opportunities
- Evening and summer classes, one night per week
- Seminar-style classrooms
- Face-to-face and online courses
What we believe
JBU's Graduate Business programs are based on the following premises:
- People learn best by experience.
- Methods of experiential learning — including personal reflection, small group interaction, student/teacher interaction, structure exercises, and supervised field work — are used throughout coursework.
- Students work together to become a community of intellectuals and practitioners where they can practice and reinforce the leadership principles being taught.
- Faculty and students should model ethical leadership in their professional lives.
Business Programs Offered:
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
JBU's 33-hour general MBA provides excellent business training through the application of strategic business concepts, basic biblical principles, and ethical decision making to current organizational and industry issues.
JBU also offers a 39-hour MBA with concentrations in:
- International Business
- Organizational Behavior
- Market Research & Consumer Insights
Of the 39 program hours, 24 hours are Business Administration core required of all MBA majors; the other 15 hours will be hours in the concentration. Concentration hours will be offered beginning fall 2017, with the 24 hours of required BA core to be completed prior to enrollment in concentration courses.
Master of Science (MS), Leadership & Ethics
The 33-hour MS in Leadership and Ethics degree will equip you to lead with excellence using biblically-based models. Among many other things, you will gain an understanding of how organizations work, how to provide leadership, and how to implement ethical practices.
How the program works
JBU Graduate Business courses are offered both online and face-to-face. Students can choose to take all their courses online, all their courses face-to-face, or a combination of the two.
Face-to-face courses are held in the evenings at the JBU Fort Smith Center, the JBU Little Rock Center, or the JBU Rogers Center. To maximize students' time and learning, on-ground courses contain online work and collaboration as well as face-to-face interaction with faculty and students in the classroom.
About the Soderquist College of Business
Graduate Business programs are housed in JBU's Soderquist College of Business along with other business programs for traditional undergraduate and degree completion students.
John Brown University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (www.ncahlc.org, 312.263.0456). In addition, all business programs are accredited or are candidates for accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). For more information about accreditation and a list of accredited programs, click here.