John Brown University offers an MBA degree with two different emphases as well as two other business-related Master of Science degrees. Designed with the working professional in mind, Graduate Business courses are available in various formats and generally meet one night per week or online. Whether you choose the Master of Business Administration or one of the Master of Science degrees, you will benefit from the distinctive features available at JBU for working professionals.
- Christian values-based learning
- Academically and professionally qualified faculty
- Global perspective
- Emphasis on ethical leadership based on biblical principles
- Experiential learning through hands-on training
- Study abroad opportunities
- Evening and summer classes, one night per week
- Seminar-style classrooms
- Face-to-face and online courses
What we believe
JBU's Graduate Business programs are based on the following premises:
- People learn best by experience.
- Methods of experiential learning – including personal reflection, small group interaction, student/teacher interaction, structure exercises, and supervised field work – are used throughout coursework.
- Students work together to become a community of intellectuals and practitioners where they can practice and reinforce the leadership principles being taught.
- Faculty and students should model ethical leadership in their professional lives.
Business Programs Offered
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The MBA program provides excellent business training through the application of strategic business concepts, basic biblical principles and ethical decision making to current organizational and industry issues.
MBA emphases include:
Master of Science (MS)
The MS degrees will equip you to lead with excellence using biblically-based models. Among many other things, you will gain an understanding of how organizations work, how to provide leadership, and how to implement ethical practices.
MS degrees include:
Graduate Business programs are housed in JBU's Soderquist College of Business along with other business programs for traditional undergraduate and degree completion students.
Graduate Business classes are offered online or in classrooms at the JBU Rogers, Little Rock and Fort Smith Centers as well as at the Sam M. Walton Development Center (Walmart and Sam's Club associates only).
Face-to-face classes meet 6-10 p.m. one night per week for eight weeks.
At JBU, we realize that it can be difficult to juggle career, family, school and other activities; therefore, we offer all Graduate Business programs online with the exception of 3-6 hours of residency requirements. These residency requirements can be accomplished through options such as an international studies trip, professional academic seminars or completion of a face-to-face course.
John Brown University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (www.ncahlc.org, 312.263.0456). In addition, all business degree programs of the College of Business are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, (www.acbsp.org, (913) 339-9356).