(Please note, student employment awards may not be counted as aid awarded when calculating monthly payment plans.)
Joe R. Smith Student Service Program
(Minimum wage per hour, average award is $1,700)
Student employment programs include:
- Federal Student Employment
- Federal Community Service
The JBU Financial Aid Office may award student employment as part of the student's financial aid package. Service/work schedules will be made in accordance with student class schedules. NEW STUDENTS can expect to provide service in one of the following areas: food service, custodial, or grounds maintenance. Hours are limited to 8 hours per week. Checks are issued to students once each month for actual hours worked. These earnings can be applied directly to tuition and room/board expenses, or can be used for other indirect educational expenses.
- File Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Service assignment based on positions available.
- Amount earned based on hours worked per week.
- Federal programs are based on financial need.
- JBU's program is not limited to financial need, but preference is given to students demonstrating need
- Expectations for Student Employees in the Workstudy Program
- Information and Expectations for Workstudy Supervisors
What is the Joe R. Smith Student Service Program?
The Joe R. Smith Student Service Program represents JBU's student employment programs. Since the Service Program has been included in your award offer, on-campus employment may be available to you.
The awarded amount is the maximum amount you could earn.
Placement is not guaranteed, although every effort is made to schedule hours for each student who accepts the Student Service award offer.