Guide to applying for Financial Aid
JBU School Code: 001100
In order to apply for federal and state grants and loans--including Pell grants and the Arkansas Academic Challenge scholarship--you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
How to complete your FAFSA:
1. Go to FAFSA on the web.
2. Register for a PIN.
- If you've never had a PIN, create your PIN. Supply your social security number, date of birth, and last name to confirm your identity.
- If you've had a PIN but cannot remember your number, go to the PIN website and select "Request a Duplicate PIN." Enter the information requested (SSN, DOB and last name) and select "Display Now." Your PIN will be shown to you immediately. Your PIN will be used to electronically sign your FAFSA.
- If you have questions during this process, call the Federal Aid Information Center toll-free at 800-4-FED-AID (800-433-3243). Representatives are available 8 a.m. until midnight, CST.
3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Return to the FAFSA website.
- Use information from your completed 2013 Federal income tax return and W-2s. If you are unable to complete the application at that time, you may save what you've completed and finish it later.
- When asked what school(s) should receive your FAFSA results, be sure to list JBU's school code: 001100.
4. Contact the JBU Financial Aid office with questions about your award.
Your FAFSA results should be received within 10 days. Once you receive your award information (via email), contact Erica Kollman, financial aid specialist, with questions. Toll-free: 866-856-8503, direct: (479) 524-7151, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: You must be a JBU admission applicant for financial aid to be processed.
Financial Aid Verification
Approximately one-third of all students are selected by the U.S. Department of Education for financial aid verification. Verification checks the accuracy of information on the FAFSA with your actual tax return.
If you are selected for verification, the following documents must be submitted before your financial aid will be processed: your signed federal income tax return and a completed, signed JBU Institutional Verification Form.