Degree Completion Programs
Whether you’ve already landed your dream job or are hoping to advance in your career, earning your Bachelor of Science degree in Organizational Leadership will set you apart in the job market.
A degree in organizational leadership from JBU will prepare you to take on a variety of leadership roles. You'll learn about:
- Becoming a strategic leader for an organization
- Building positive working relationships as an executive or manager
- Developing processes for evaluating and making solid decisions
- Inventively and ethically managing human and capital resources
- Building a high-performance, wide-ranging, disciplined organizational culture
Equipping leaders with foundational organizational and business skills to manage and lead
An organizational leadership degree will give you great flexibility over the life of your career, providing you with ethical leadership skills and abilities valued across functions, sectors, and industries.
Finding time to finish your bachelor's degree can be challenging. With flexible scheduling and blended course delivery, you'll be able to maintain your personal and professional priorities while completing your bachelor's degree.
You can choose whether to be a full- or part-time student and finish your degree at your own pace. Most students enroll in 12 hours per semester (two terms) and finish in 18-24 months.
All JBU business programs are accredited or are candidates for accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), ensuring that you’ll receive a quality business education while enjoying the convenience of online courses. For more information about accreditation and a list of accredited programs, click here.
Choose your course delivery:
- Courses are offered totally online or in a blended format.
- Blended course delivery means you get the best of both worlds: face-to-face interaction with your instructors and classmates along with the convenience of online content. Courses meet for eight weeks – four weeks online and four weeks face-to-face in Fort Smith, Little Rock or Rogers. Face-to-face sessions are held one night per week, every other week.
- Online courses are eight weeks in length, with assignments due weekly.
3 reasons to study organizational leadership at JBU:
- Employment Outlook–According to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities for graduates with organizational leadership degrees show an increase of 11-19% between now and 2022.
- Qualified and diverse faculty– Our Christian faculty have the academic credentials to ensure a great business education, but they also have practical experience in using real-world skills like critical analysis and reasoning, diversity and creating value for organizations.
- Relevant curriculum– Our program was designed in collaboration with hiring managers to ensure that the courses prepare you for today’s workplace. OL is more than just traditional leadership theory; it’s applicable education that helps you master the skills necessary to lead your organization in a global economy.
- Successful completion of at least 45 semester hours of transferable college credit
- GPA of 2.0 (4.0 scale) or better on all prior academic work
Candidates who meet some but not all of these requirements may appeal for admission consideration. (Please visit with your admissions counselor for further information.)
In order to be considered for admission into JBU's Degree Completion Program, you must submit the following:
- Application for admission
- Transcript(s) from all universities previously enrolled (even if you did not receive credit)
- Proof of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella*
* New students who were born on or after January 1, 1957, regardless of the number of hours enrolled, are required by Arkansas law to furnish proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. MMR vaccination may be confirmed by an immunization record from a doctor's office, health department, or school records. For more information, please contact your admissions counselor.