Management Accounting Online
The quality of a JBU degree with the convenience of online courses
JBU's academic program in Management Accounting helps prepare you for a variety of management and accounting positions. All Management Accounting courses are offered 100% online, allowing you to learn on your own schedule while you master the skills necessary to add value and execute sound financial principles within organizations. JBU's Bachelor of Science in Management Accounting is aligned with requirements for candidates seeking the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) credential.
While some courses may be a great fit for students who wish to sit for the CPA exam, the Management Accounting program is designed for students who wish to work in private/corporate accounting positions. Unlike financial accounting, which produces annual reports mainly for external stakeholders, management accounting produces monthly or weekly reports for an organization’s internal audiences.
All JBU business programs are accredited or are candidates for accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), ensuring that you’ll receive a quality business education while enjoying the convenience of online courses. For more information about accreditation and a list of accredited programs, click here.
5 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING ONLINE:
- Classes are offered in 8-week terms with two terms per semester.
- You can choose whether to be a full-time student or a part-time student and finish your degree at your own pace. Most students enroll in 12 hours per semester (two terms) and finish in 20-24 months.
- Online MA courses are compressed, which means that you'll learn the same amount of content that you would in a traditional 16-week course during an 8-week term.
- Your classes are available from wherever you are, so long as you have internet access.
- Assignments are due weekly, and students are expected to be active in the online course at least three times per week.
4 REASONS TO STUDY MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING AT JBU:
- Convenience – The Management Accounting program has five start dates per year(January, March, June, August and October), so you can start when you’re ready. And because it’s 100% online, classes work with your busy life, allowing time for family and hectic work schedules.
- Qualified and diverse faculty – Our faculty have the academic credentials to ensure a great business education, but they also have practical experience in using real-world skills like critical analysis and reasoning, diversity, and creating value for organizations.
- Small class sizes – At JBU, we limit enrollment in our online courses to 20 students so that you can be sure that your professor will be available to answer your questions and provide timely feedback on assignments.
- Christian worldview – We believe that success is more than a healthy bottom line. At JBU, we integrate ethical leadership into our curriculum, preparing our business students to not only focus on greater profits, but also the greater good.
2 ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
Requirements for admission to the online management accounting degree completion program are:
- Successful completion of at least 45 semester hours of transferable college credit
- GPA of 2.0 (4.0 scale) or better on all prior academic work
Candidates who do not meet all of these requirements may appeal for admission consideration. Please visit with your admissions counselor for further information.
In order to be considered for admission for the management accounting online degree program, you must submit the following:
- Application for admission
- Transcript(s) from all universities previously enrolled (even if you did not receive credit)
DID YOU KNOW?
There are more than 40,000 certified CMAs in more than 100 countries. CMAs earn 63% more in total compensation than non-CMAs. To learn more about the CMA credential, visit the Institute of Management Accounting (IMA) website.