JBU Degree Completion Program Blog
The Leadership Challenge
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Chris, Ashley, Sylvia and I attended the inaugural 360 Leadership Luncheon in Fort Smith today. Don Soderquist, executive-in-residence of the Soderquist Center for Leadership and Ethics at JBU, served as the keynote speaker, discussing ethical leadership in a rapidly-changing society.
Soderquist's presentation was summarized in his leadership challenge:
- Set your expectations high
- Determine what's really important in life
- Know what your values and beliefs are
- Genuinely care about others
- Inspire others to grow and develop
- Build a team
- Be a role model of what you expect
- Stand up for what is right
- Be a positive influence
- Be passionate about all that you do
So how then should we live?
For more information about the 360 Leadership Series in Fort Smith or to buy tickets for the October luncheon, visit their website.
Director of Admissions, Advance Program