Elective Course Policies
Non-Traditional Credit Options
- Refer to the list of courses to determine the academic area to which the elective course you're interested in applies (humanities, biblical studies, etc.). All courses that do not duplicate prior credit can be used as elective credit. If you have concerns that a course may duplicate credit you have already earned, submit a Request for Approval of Transfer Credit form and have it approved by the associate registrar.
- Check the dates, times, locations, and mark your calendar!
- Complete a registration form. Be sure to follow directions carefully under the "Method of Payment" section. Registrations received after the deadline will be assessed a $50 late fee.
The attendance policy for elective courses is the same as the policy for other Degree Completion Program courses. If you miss two weeks of a five-week course, or four weeks of a ten-week course, you will receive a grade of "F".
Your syllabi will either be posted to Blackboard or mailed to you by the office manager before the start of your course. Please contact the office manager at your respective Center and she will provide the necessary information for your course.
Tuition must be paid in full before the start of the class.
Withdrawal from an Elective Module
If you decide not to take a module after registering for it, you must notify the Center you are attending immediately to get a full or partial refund.
- 100% Refund: Before the first day of class
- 75% Refund: After the first class
- 50% Refund: After the second class
After the third class, you will not receive any refund. If you withdraw before the third week of class, you will receive a "W" on your transcript; or if you choose not to attend the class without withdrawing after the third week, you will receive an "F."