LinkedIn - Networking - Job Searching
- Create your own LinkedIn profile
- Try to provide as much information as they ask for in order to have a strong profile.
- Begin managing and adding contacts
- Step by Step LinkedIn Guide
- Create a user-friendly, professional profile, that represents you the way you want to be viewed.
- Invite true friends and acquaintances to connect with you.
- When you make requests, be clear about your goals and intentions from the beginning.
- Do not just use the standard message LinkedIn provides, use your own wording.
- Keep things slightly formal. Think through your interactions and profile from an employer’s perspective.
- Remember, even though it is online, value relationships over “transactions”
- LinkedIn Etiquette Guide
- Use the "Group Directory" search feature and select the group name for John Brown University.
- If you are a Sophomore, you are an alum of JBU. Get connected with JBU by adding the following group to your profile: John Brown University Alumni
How to find a job using LinkedIn:
- Build your profile and connections first, then begin the search.
- Choose the type of job you want, location and possible companies.
- Contact people who are in hiring positions.
- 1st degree network connections are the people you know; but the power of networking is in the second degree of connections. Ask a 1st connection to introduce you, then follow up with an introduction yourself.
- How to Find Essential Employer Information on LinkedIn
- How to search for jobs and get connected with JBU Alumni Video
- How to find a job using LinkedIn Video
How to create a LinkedIn Account - Grad Guide Series
- What is LinkedIn and Why Should I Join?
- Building Your Professional Brand
- Finding and Pursuing Your Career Passion
- Building and Maintaining a Professional Network
- Turning Relationships into Opportunities
- Researching and Prepping for Interviews & Other Opportunities