Resume Writing Guide
The resume below is an interactive resume. All you need to do is choose one of the underlined headings below and an instructional video will appear to tell you more about that part of your resume. Also, for other helpful links please refer to the panel at the right side of this web page. If you have never created a resume before, or if it has been a long time please use the "Self-Instructional Manual" located in the right panel.
Bring your résumé to the Career Development Center, and one of the CDAs will critique and proof-read it for you.
Digital Media/Graphic Design
To obtain a graphic design position at Reliable Industries to which I bring a results-driven, creative attitude experienced in print and web graphics creation, web development, web coding, and Flash design.
Adobe: Flash ♦ Illustrator ♦ InDesign ♦ Photoshop ♦ Dreamweaver ♦ Acrobat
Apple: Final Cut Pro ♦ DVD Studio Pro ♦ Microsoft: MS Office Suite ♦ Languages: HTML ♦ ASP ♦ CSS
Chemidex, LLC, Overland Park, Kansas.......... 2007 to 2008 Digital Media Designer:
- Specialized in online media advertising and eMail marketing.
- Ensured quality and timely development /distribution of all eMail marketing content.
- Functioned as Creative and Production Artist during graphic, web, and print publication initiatives.
- Provided key support for global advertising, marketing, and sales efforts.
- Developed large-scale Flash project tailored to client's needs and requirements.
- Received recognition and bonus during 2008 H1 and H2 for contributing to achievement and surpassing of team goals each term.
Embarq, Corp., Overland Park, Kansas................................ 2006 Performance Technology Intern III:
- Served in creative leadership capacity for design projects as needed.
- Participated in video production activities.
- Assisted in graphics creation, utilizing Flash applications and other various media.
- Collaborated with colleagues to conceptualize projects according to corporate brand guidelines.
- Played integral role as Co-Creative Director of TekNet project and Creative Designer for career fair banner and poster development.
- Served as Co-Lead Flash designer for NEO project.
John Brown University, Siloam Springs, Arkansas. 2003 to 2006 Assistant/Interim Webmaster:
- Maintained and updated website content, including text, photographs, and links (www.jbu.edu).
- Developed sub-sites within main website, such as International Studies and Experts Directory.
- Interfaced and brainstormed creative strategies with university clients and work-study Digital Media students.
Designed and produced JBU Rugby Football Club website and was recognized for media achievements with JBU Rugby Dedication Award in 2006.
MMG Worldwide, Kansas City, Missouri................................. 2005 Interactive Intern:
- Created and produced graphic and interactive elements for online media projects.
- Performed as Interactive Director for intern project, Mystic Coast & County Travel Industry Association, Inc.
- Served as Junior Assistant Art Director for SilverSea Cruises, Inc. website project (www.silversea.com/).
Bachelor of Science, Digital Media Arts (Minors in Graphic Design and Business Administration)
John Brown University, Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Expected Graduation May 2009
HireMeSoon _______________________________111 E 152nd Circle ♦ Job, Court 66062 ♦ 913.628.5555 ♦ Hire_ME_Soon@gmail.com
American Red Cross, Smith County Chapter
PO Box 6222
Transylvania, PA 75711
Pushin A Spin
Coordinator of Public Relations
Big Firm USA
2395 Twisted Words Rd.
Big Scoop, AR 72777
Associate Professor of Communication
John Brown University
2000 W. University St.
Siloam Springs, AR 72761
Gimme A Friend
3333 North St.
Perfection, AR 72761