Policies for Academic Probation and Continued Enrollment
Academic Probation and Required Achievement for Continued Enrollment
1. A full-time student with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) less than 2.0 will be placed on probation the following semester.
2. The maximum enrollment per semester for any student on academic probation is 15 semester hours. Students should understand that such limited enrollment may lengthen the time required to meet graduation requirements.
3. A student whose CGPA is still below 2.0 after being on probation for two successive semesters, or a student with less than a 1.0 semester GPA, will be suspended unless a petition for re-enrollment is approved by the Committee on Scholastic Petitions.
4. A student may enroll after one semester of academic suspension if a petition is approved by the Committee on Scholastic Petitions.
5. A student who is permitted to re-enroll after academic suspension may continue to re-enroll if satisfactory progress is being made toward a 2.0 CGPA as determined by the Committee on Scholastic Petitions.
6. A student on Academic Probation may remain eligible for some types of financial aid, if standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress are met.