Center for Healthy Relationships (CHR)
The Center for Health Relationships
The Center for Healthy Relationships (CHR) exists to encourage and enrich relationships through the transforming power of biblically-based principles.
The Center for Healthy Relationships equips people for healthy relationships through biblically-based consulting, education, enrichment, resources, research, and assessment.
1. Provide informational and training events designed to instill Christ-centered principles of healthy relationships, with an emphasis on marriage relationships, in the JBU community and at a local, regional, national, and international level.
2. Consult with Christian colleges and universities to assess existing relationship curricula/ ministries/programs, help develop new courses/programs, and equip leaders to facilitate the implementation of those programs including the design, development, and delivery of a weekend relationship enrichment program for university students who are seriously dating, engaged, or married.
3. Consult with churches to assess existing marriage curricula/ministries/programs, help develop new courses/programs, and equip leaders to facilitate the implementation of those programs to help them increase their effectiveness in serving marriages and families.
4. Develop relationship-related assessments for colleges, universities, and churches to help them assess the degree to which what they are doing is making a measurable difference in the emotional, relational, and spiritual lives of those they serve.
5. Develop a comprehensive program for Northwest Arkansas to provide pre-marital education, marriage enrichment, and leadership training in ways that will impact churches, community agencies, and corporations with the goal of impacting the marriages of this community. This will also be designed to serve as a model for other communities.