Circumstances That Excuse the Violation
Students who believe they have circumstances that may excuse their parking ticket or traffic fine can appeal below.
Fines without an appeal will be added to student's account.
Note: All student behavior is subject to disciplinary processes described in the Student Handbook. Possible sanctions for any violations listed on this website are not limited to fines and penalties herein.
BY APPEALING YOUR VIOLATION, YOU ARE SIGNIFYING THAT YOU HAVE READ THROUGH THE BROCHURE DELIVERED WITH YOUR DECAL OR THE ONLINE VERSION HERE .
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING COMMON APPEALS BEFORE YOU CONTINUE.
Lacking Knowledge of the Rules:
•From our perspective, we broadcast parking information in three ways:
- We put the information in your hand with the brochure.
- We post it on the JBU website for 24/7 access.
- We post a sign at every entrance to every lot.
We feel this redundancy provides a wide coverage of the information. With this in mind, "I didn't know" is NOT a valid appeal.
• It is very reasonable to park in loading/unloading zones, but the driver needs to make short, quick trips to/from the vehicle, then moving it to a regular space as soon as possible. This allows the driver to make contact with the parking patrol and have a conversation about why the vehicle is there. If the parking patrol does not see anyone making trips, they can only conclude that the vehicle is ‘parked.’
• We cannot allow for unauthorized parking based on amounts of time. If we had that allowance, the parking system would become unmanageable.
Special Circumstances dictated the Parking Violation:
• The Campus Safety department is glad to help drivers that have unique situations. It is important for these drivers to contact us ahead of time, instead of deciding on their own that their need outweighs the rules. This causes problems, such as getting tickets, then people are upset that they got a ticket. This causes hard feelings and takes unneeded administrative time to handle.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO SUBMIT YOUR APPEAL
For questions, contact Campus Safety at CampusSafety@JBU.edu.