Registration of Vehicles
Upon registration, parking decals will be sent to the student’s Campus Post Office box. For the Fall semester, decals will be assigned the first week of school. Citations will not be issued the first week of classes to allow decals to be received and displayed. At other times of the year, please allow two to three business days for a registration to be processed.
Motorcycles and motorized scooters MUST register. They should park in areas of parking lots that are striped off, such as corners and ends of rows, but not striped areas adjacent to handicapped spaces. Motorcycles and scooters should try not to park in regular parking spaces if possible. Three-wheelers, dirt bikes and other off-road vehicles are not allowed on campus.
- Annual automobile registration fee is $25, and will be posted to the student’s account.
- Parking decals are valid for the entire school year, both semesters.
- Parking decals designate authorized parking areas. See parking map for authorized areas.
- If a student changes residence location, they must contact Campus Safety to obtain a new parking decal for the new residence area.
- Parking decals will be issued upon registration and must be displayed on the inside of front windshield, passenger side, bottom corner.
- Decals should not be moved from one vehicle to another. If a different vehicle needs a decal, it must be registered separately.
- Day students should register all vehicles that they might drive to campus. There will only be one fee per student, since only one vehicle can be driven to campus per student.
Students driving a borrowed vehicle that is not registered, such as a parent’s car, must contact the Campus Safety Office to receive a free temporary permit, CampusSafety@JBU.edu.
If you are a Student, Faculty or Staff Member and have a JBU ID number:
If you do not have a JBU ID number, such as Walton Lifetime Health Complex member: