Theta Alpha Kappa
The National Honor Society for Religious Studies and Theology
Alpha Kappa is the only national honor society serving the needs of those involved in the study of religion and/or theology at both the baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate levels of higher education. The society's purpose is to:
- To encourage excellence in the study of religion or theology at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- To recognize excellence in scholarly and academic achievements.
- To help foster and maintain excellence in the professional academic study of religion and theology.
- To help local chapters in their efforts to fulfill these purposes.
Benefits of Membership
Students who join Theta Alpha Kappa can expect several benefits:
- Recognition as distinguished scholars and members of a society that is rapidly growing in numbers and prestige.
- A recognition pin and a membership certificate.
- Compete for Theta Alpha Kappa scholarships and fellowships.
- Subscription to The Journal of Theta Alpha Kappa.
- Present scholarly work at regional or national conventions.
- Receive special recognition at graduation, such as wearing honor cords or stoles.