Golden Eagle Athletics
Positions Available for 2011-2012 school year:
Sports Information Student Assistant
Position(s) Available: 1
The JBU Sports Information Department is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of sports information student assistant for the 2011-2012 school year. Candidate must be eligible for work-study and should be self -motivated, energetic, work on deadline, and able to manage several projects at once. Job will include working on some nights and weekends and may require some travel.
Successful candidates must have strong communication skills, a passion for sports, and a working knowledge of college athletics. Experience in a collegiate sports information office and knowledge of DakStats (soccer, volleyball, and basketball) and Adobe design software (Photoshop and InDesign) is a plus.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Setting up and managing home events for respective sports
- Writing game recaps and other human interest stories
- Keeping and updating stats and schedules on JBU, conference, and national websites
- Assisting with creating media guides for basketball
- Assisting with creating posters and schedule cards for applicable sports
- Arranging interviews with local media
- Updating social media pages
- Experience with video editing and video production is preferred, but not mandatory.
- All other duties as assigned by Assistant A.D. for Media Relations.
$1000/school year ($500 each semester) in addition to work-study pay (work-study pays up to $1,740.00/school-year) – eligible for $2,740 per year.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please email resume along with the names and contact information of three references to