Kanakuk Link Year
Earn JBU Credit at Kanakuk
Kanakuk Link Year is a gap year program with individualized mentoring, focused discovery of spiritual gifts and identity, Spiritual growth and Biblical training for college and encouragement toward world and community impact. Link Year is designed to help students to better understand themselves, others, and most importantly, God’s purpose for their lives. Link Year is centered around a mentor-based, active-learning, service-oriented curriculum. Students have the option to do college level work through John Brown University while participating in Link Year. The JBU courses are not compulsory, but rather a convenient (and discounted!) option for Link Year students to earn some college credit without ever having to leave the Kanakuk Link Year campus!
John Brown University does not have oversight of the Link Year program as a whole. Rather, JBU is an academic partner responsible for the JBU courses. For questions concerning Kanakuk Link Year, please visit their website. Read on for information concerning the JBU courses offered on the Link Year campus.
- Courses are designed in conjunction with JBU faculty to ensure academic rigor.
- Cost is only ½ of JBU’s full-time tuition!
- Students must be admitted to JBU as a traditional undergraduate in order to be eligible for college credit. Admission criteria:
- 2.5 high school GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and either an ACT score of 20 or an SAT score of 950.
- College transfers (24+ college credit hours after high school) require a 2.5 college GPA
- Federal financial aid can be applied toward the cost of the JBU courses.
- Fall Application Deadline: September 1; Spring Application Deadline: January 1
Course Offerings Include:
- Introductory Psychology
- Public Speaking
- Study Abroad Experience
- English I: Composition (online)
- TBD online course
How to Apply
In order to participate in the Kanakuk Link Year program, you must apply through Kanakuk first. Once a student applies to and has been accepted by Kanakuk, they can fill out the separate JBU application, found here.
Questions about JBU's partnership with Kanakuk? Contact Lauren Huffman (email@example.com) or 479-524-7423.